Sunday 26 May 2013

Thrift Shop Find

Every Saturday I volunteer for a few hours and I'm always finding the cutest clothes at bargain prices. Yesterday I bought a pair of men's tartan trousers and I think I'm in love with the pattern. Recently I've been going through this phase where I love everything tartan.
Because they're men's trousers, theyre quite large on me- especially around the waist. However, they must have been made for a short man because they only just reach my ankles. Because of this and the fact that the hem has a rip in it I'm going to make them into a cute pair of Capri pants.
I've been looking at the construction of the trousers for quite a while now and I have to admit, I'm a little confused...
I've never worked with trousers before let alone men's trousers which are constructed differently to men. If anyone has thoughts on how I make them smaller without completely destroying this beautiful garment please comment.
Tiana x


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful outfit...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I just checked out yours and it's fab :D and I followed you on bloglovin :) tiana x

      Delete
  2. Thank you sooo much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete

Be an e-tailPR blogger